The Mary Rockwell Stuart House, originally built in 1825, rebuilt in 1998 and renovated by us in 2008, is set back on a large lot on the north side of Main Street. It is an imposing 2 and ½ story Foursquare house with Colonial Revival style detail. It is enclosed by an overhanging hip roof with hip roof dormers on the south and east slopes, and a cross gable on the east. Exterior sheathing consists of weathered wood shingles trimmed with an entablature and boxed cornice. The most prominent feature of this house is a verandah that wraps around incorporating a glazed sunporch and the captains tower overlooking the pool.